SPIPA was established by the Government of Gujarat in 1962 as the apex Training Institution of the state. The Institute was renamed as Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration in 1974. It became on autonomous body (registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860) in October 2004, so as to gain that essential flexibility in fulfilling its role and meeting the expectations of the State Government.
SPIPA provides free coaching for preparation of UPSC Civil services IAS/IPS examination to candidates of Gujarat. Online Applications are invited for entrance test for admission in this training program.
Syllabus for SPIPA Entrance Test
G.S. Paper: 1 (Two Hours: 150 Marks)
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
G.S. Paper: 2 (Two Hours: 150 Marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc…) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc… – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)